VEKA’S EXCLUSIVE WINDOPLAN SOFTWARE IS NOW AVAILABLE TO ARCHITECTS & SPECIFIERS
May 26, 2021
VEKA plc, one of the UK’s leading PVCu window systems companies, has launched WinDoPlan to Architects and Specifiers.
WinDoPlan is a digital planning and tendering tool for all processes related to Window and Door specification including calculation and evaluation. Eighteen months in the making, the software is exclusive to VEKA, and is a platform for virtual collaborative working providing architects and specifiers with an entire technical process online.
The first of its kind, WinDoPlan has been designed to give quick access to live technical information, 24/7. The software can also be used as a sophisticated virtual presentation tool in demonstrations and pitches, particularly helpful in the current climate when face to face meetings are not possible.
Providing 3D rotations of profiles and cross section views, WinDoPlan also calculates U-Values and isothermal histories, providing a comparison of planned elements with accreditation results and likely geographical weather conditions. The completed specification can be output in one of several formats, (dwg, dxf, docx, pdf) and the BIM interface also makes data exchange among all project partners easier.
WinDoPlan has been developed by one of the VEKA Group companies; Digital Building Solutions in Germany and has already been well received across Europe and Russia. Tailoring the system for the UK market has seen an additional investment of €80,000 to create the most sophisticated and comprehensive version in the world.
Permission to access WinDoPlan can be granted by visiting veka.co.uk. The company has produced a comprehensive training manual, a library of simple training videos to help get users up and running, and cascade training to refer to in the future. VEKA’s Technical team will also be available to assist with the platform.
VEKA plc Marketing Director Dawn Stockell adds,
“WinDoPlan has already been very well received by our fabricators and we are delighted to now offer access to Architects and Specifiers. The development of this software means that commercial teams can work collaboratively and can access live and accurate information when, where and how they need it, which could make the difference between winning or losing a pitch. The impressive 3D images add a new dimension to virtual presentations which is particularly important in the current climate. At VEKA, we are committed to investing in digital tools to offer a greater level of support to make our customers’ life easier”.
What does WinDoPlan do?
- Thermal calculations of whole windows but broken into component parts with centre pane values, frame values and solar gain coefficients.
- Calculations based on the specifics of the project including geographical location by postcode, height of the building and distance from the coast.
- An automated program that identifies if sizes or combinations of components are too large or not possible to produce and lets you know why.
- An option for simplified calculations based on a standard window and common styles or a bespoke size and style created by you.
- Creates cross sectional views and 3D images that can be cut where you want, in the colour you choose inside and out, all at the click of a mouse which can then be saved to send to your customer.
- Provides descriptions of all the profiles you use with images, dimensions and a list of accessories available to fit that profile.
- It holds live VEKA data on our products and systems – giving accurate specifications and calculations always.
- It allows users to start a project and come back to it later if needed.
- Intuitive and easy to use with built-in error warning system.