Black window frames are quietly becoming all the rage with property developers across the UK.
They’re stylish, a little different, and can certainly bring curb appeal enhancement to a property.
But are they the ideal choice for your new build homes?
Well, a lot of the time, that will come down to personal taste, but there are a number of advantages that may play a role in the decision-making process.
Why should you choose black window frames in a new build home?
- Stylish. The colour black has always been the epitome of style. It gives off the impression of elegance, sophistication and glamour. Black window frames are striking, but simplistic; and can deliver bold contrasts when paired with other colours in the home.
- Timeless. If you’re worried about whether your black frames are ever going to go out of ‘fashion’, you needn’t be. Black is as timeless as it is stylish and whether you’re looking to sell your home in a few months, or a few years, they’re almost certainly still going to carry that wow factor.
- Versatility. Can you think of a colour that black doesn’t go with? We can’t. We mentioned bold contrasts earlier; well you don’t get much more contrasting than black and white. Pairing black frames with a white exterior, or interior, may seem like a daring combo, but once you see the two colours side by side, you’ll struggle taking your eyes off them.
- Value. Adding black window frames to a property can significantly increase its market value. Not only that, but when potential buyers arrive to take a look around the house, the distinctive tone will inevitably leave a positive, lasting impression.
- Accentuate views. Black frames don’t just have the ability to transform the inside of your home into a majestic, modern masterpiece, they can change how you view the whole world, literally. Given their smooth, sleek appearance, and the way they seamlessly blend into the glass, black window frames can make outdoor settings appear more vibrant. A lot of homeowners even forgo the use of curtains to avoid dampening the contrast.
Are black window frames not suited to certain types of new build homes?
- Heat absorption. Remember learning in science about how the colour black absorbs heat while white reflects it, well the same goes for black window frames. This can actually be a positive, if you live in cooler climes, but in the summer months, when that sun’s beating down, they could make your home significantly warmer.
- Dirt. To keep your black window frames looking as good as new, you’re going to have to keep on top of cleaning them. As anyone with a black car will attest too, the colour black is a magnet for dirt. This makes uPVC frames one of the best options, when choosing materials, as a quick wipe with a sponge and some warm water, will have them looking back to their best in no time at all.
- Cost. The best does tend to cost more, which means that timeless black window frame you love so much is probably going to hit your bank account a little harder. But as we’ve already mentioned; despite that initial outlay, your property could well be looking at a jump in value, due to these frames’ outstanding aesthetic appeal.
Are black window frames here to stay as an exterior design trend?
Trying to predict the future can prove incredibly tricky, but at VEKA we’re confident black window frames are more than just a fad.
They’ve actually been around for a lot longer than you may think, having first been used extensively on industrial buildings in the 20th Century.
Although the shift to modern residential properties has been a gradual one, the pace has begun to pick up in recent years. And it shows no signs of slowing down.
What’s the best material for black window frames?
Again, this will most likely come down to personal preference, but if you’re looking for black window frames that are affordable, energy-efficient, and of course stylish, we would highly recommend uPVC. Renowned for its robust durability and reliability, uPVC requires very little maintenance; keeping its look and shape for years to come.