Closing date: 31/01/2020
We are looking for an FLT Loader to join our fast paced, evolving Warehouse department. Our Successful Warehouse team takes Pride in their work to ensure our product is delivered for our nationwide customer base.
The role involves loading and unloading of vehicles whilst liaising with Supervisors and members of Transport. The successful candidate will be Responsible for ensuring safe and effective operation of all vehicles within the department including daily safety check and defect reporting. This requires someone who can show continuous Improvement within this essential area of our business.
A FLT Loader will work within a Team, maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues and you will be expected to display Integrity at all times.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join us
- To obtain and maintain all necessary VEKA and regulatory vehicle licences.
- Ensure safe and effective operation of all vehicles within the Warehouse department including daily safety check and defect reporting.
- To ensure safe and efficient loading and unloading of vehicles, liaising with Supervisors and members of Transport.
- To ensure that loading of vehicles is carried out to the required standard.
- To operate vehicles within the yard area.
- To ensure the loading bay is clear of all orders requiring delivery.
- To ensure that the customer receives products promptly and to the required standard.
- To work within a team, maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
- To ensure material handling, both mechanical and manual is carried out efficiently and safely.
- To be competent to the standards within the Veka training manual.
- To operate and understand the SAP Warehouse Management System.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Live by our VEKA SPIRIT values
- Able to work a 2-shift system of 8 hour shifts (10:00- 18:00 Mon to Fri and 20:00 -04:00 Sun to Thurs)
- Enthusiastic with a passion to learn
- Previous Fork Lift Truck experience and qualifications
- Looking for a long term career with development opportunities
- Focus on Health and Safety at all times