Trainee Management Accountant
Closing date: 31/01/2020
We are looking for a Trainee Management Accountant to join our Successful and busy Finance Team who take Pride in their work.
You will be Responsible for providing support and cover in all aspects of the accounts function with the main emphasis on assisting with the preparation of the monthly management accounts. Working and living a culture of continuous Improvement, whilst displaying Integrity at all times.
The successful candidate will receive full development training and support in relation to all areas of the accounts function. As part of the development training, the successful candidate will be supported through the completion of the CIMA qualification.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join the team.
- Responsibility for issuing and reconciling petty cash payments.
- Control of Company expenses system.
- Producing detailed miscellaneous invoice/credit analysis.
- Calculating monthly expenses and journals.
- Assist with month end accounting.
- Cash book inputting/reconciliation.
- Detailed P&L accounts analysis.
- Assist with monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Intrastat and EC Sales declaration.
- National Statistics.
- Cover for Purchase Ledger role.
- Undertake relief cover for the Site Liaison team.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- To liaise with colleagues and all levels of employees on day to day duties and issues.
- To maintain all Health, Safety and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Manager from time to time.
- Live by our VEKA SPIRIT values.
- AAT Qualified / studying CIMA Operational Level.
- Previous experience of working in a Finance department.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Driven to improve processes and procedures.
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Motivated to work individually and as part of a team.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Competent IT skills especially on Excel including using a wide range of functions and formulas, creating pivot tables.