Closing date: 15/03/2021
In line with the Company’s ongoing commitment to developing a skilled workforce, we are pleased to be able to offer the above Apprenticeship to join the VEKA family.
The first year of the Apprenticeship will be spent off-site at a local training provider, returning to the business in the second year for ongoing training with dedicated assessors.
Career paths will lead to development in ensuring our machinery and system tooling operates and provides the business with quality products and that our site is operational throughout the year.
All apprenticeships will lead to the completion of the relevant NVQ (Levels 2 and 3), with further higher education options up to degree level.
As these vacancies are Apprenticeship training positions, the successful candidates will receive full developmental training in relation to their specific departmental area. As a result, no prior experience is necessary although any relevant job experience would aid an application.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate good communication skills plus the ability and desire to learn and develop both within the role and themselves.
Applicants should have gained a minimum of Maths and English G.C.S.E Grade C or above (or equivalent) and also in 3 other G.C.S.E subject areas.
Overall, we are looking for candidates who can show great working attitudes and ACT alongside our Company values.
If you think you have these qualities, then we’d love you to join the team.
On successful completion of training you will:
- Adhere to Health & Safety procedures at all times.
- Work with 2D and 3D computer-aided design and manufacturing software such as CAD or CAM
- Follow engineering drawings to manufacture parts
- Use a combination of lathes, millers, surface grinders, spark erosion, CNC machines, welding and bench work.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as micrometre’s, slip gauges and verniers etc. to check the tool’s dimensions
- Manufacture, modify, repair and maintain extrusion tooling and any other associated equipment.
- The manufacture of prototype equipment and one-off tooling items.
- Preventive maintenance of the shop’s machinery
- Maintain all necessary records i.e. Tool Trials, Job Sheets etc.
- To work on own initiative and as part of a team, maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
- To ensure material handling, both mechanical and manual is carried out efficiently and safely.
- To undertake general housekeeping duties, ensuring that the working environment is maintained in line with Company and specific departmental work area requirements.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- To liaise with colleagues and superiors on day to day duties and issues.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, C.O.S.H.H. and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
- Live by our VEKA SPIRIT values
- Good communication skills
- Good mechanical skills
- Enthusiastic with a passion to learn
- Basic engineering knowledge would support an application, although not essential