Tool Maintenance Operative – Weekend
Closing date: 22/01/2021
As part of our succession planning, we are looking for a Tool Maintenance Operator, responsible for stripping, cleaning and maintaining extrusion tools and calibrators, with additional responsibility for corrective action necessary during the cleaning process.
Taking pride in your work, you will also be required to undertake necessary improvements to extrusion dies and calibrators to ensure excellent surface finish.
Overall, we are looking for candidates who can show a positive working attitude and ACT alongside our Company values.
If you think you have these qualities, then we’d love you to join the team.
- To be competent to the standards of the VEKA Extrusion Training Manual and have achieved the required QCF (Qualification and Credit Framework) qualifications.
- Maintain continuous improvement within the department, upholding Lean Manufacturing principles.
- To monitor all tooling i.e. dies, calibrators, flanges, breakers, spacers, venture and any other parts relating to the die head on a day to day basis.
- Ensure all tooling is maintained and stored correctly following Company procedures.
- Ensure all tooling for production runs are delivered on time and to an acceptable standard.
- Liaise with Tool Makers with regard to tool and calibrator condition.
- Check and maintain cleaning equipment e.g. ultrasonic cleaner, bead blaster and power hands tools.
- To work unsupervised solving problems and ensuring required standards are maintained. Report structure to Extrusion PUL if no Supervisory staff in Tool Maintenance.
- To undertake general housekeeping duties, ensuring that the working environment is maintained in line with Company and specific departmental work area requirements.
- Support extrusion with fault finding, cleaning and general assistance.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- To liaise with colleagues and superiors on day to day duties and issues.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, C.O.S.H.H. and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Manager from time to time.
- Progression from Level 3 in Extrusion skills matrix
- Excellent oral & written communication with process adherence ethos.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Supporting Tool Maintenance Co-ordinator