Vacancies: Technical Support Coordinator
Closing date: 03/09/2021
To provide the technical and administrative support and create valued tools/services to support VEKA and our customers in the sales and development of efficient, high quality, market leading products
- Working as part of the wider technical team offering product, design, specification and legislative support to specifiers, fabricators, installers and consumers of uPVC window and door systems.
- Working closely and collaboratively with colleagues to support sales of profiles and ancillaries
- Communicating through verbal or written form in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Ensure appropriate and timely response to demands
- Creating an excellent experience for customers and colleagues through service and interactions
- Working and living a culture of continuous improvement and reduction of waste through process review
- Taking ownership of own and team actions, learning and improving from mistakes
- Dealing with enquiries one stop, offering the right information in full every time
- Promote personal development with a good working knowledge of current industry best practices, standards and legislation
- Communicate effectively to all levels across the business and industry
- Promote and implement Company policies and procedures.
- Always represent the Company in a friendly and professional customer focused manner.
- Maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- To maintain all Health, Safety and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
Activities to support delivery against role responsibilities including:
- Answering incoming telephone demand quickly and effectively
- Monitoring of the Technical Team Inbox, responding to demands directly and redistributing the work when appropriate
- Monitoring and creating access rights to controlled areas of the VEKA UK website for registered customers
- Organising and maintaining team Sharepoint site
- Uploading information to the SAP system in accordance with company guidelines
- Creation of simple product control sheets to company standards
- Liaison with colleagues across marketing support services to check information provided to customers through marketing bulletins
- Review of technical manuals, supporting changes when required
- Creation of guidance wind load calculations to customers ensuring accurate input of data within the company calculators
- Advising fabricators of reinforcing requirements in accordance with guidance created through the company calculators
- Preparation of feasibility drawings where appropriate
- Help maintain all technical databases and ensure relevant information is updated on the CRM database.
- Maintain accurate records of daily activities.
- Creation of technical drawings using available software
- Capturing and analysing incoming demand
- Use, maintain and promote WinDoPlan suite for customer benefit
- A high standard of education (A level)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Demonstrable experience with Sharepoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer friendly, confident and reliable
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude
- Demonstrates a values led approach
- Experience with Autocad suite.
- Previous experience within the construction / fenestration industry
- High level use of Excel worksheets