Technical Services Engineer – Scotland and North East
Closing date: 31/12/2019
We are looking for a Technical Services Engineer to join our Successful team covering the Scotland and North East region.
Our team of Engineers take Pride in their work and are Responsible for ensuring manufacturing excellence in the fabrication of VEKA systems, displaying Integrity and Teamwork at all times, together with the ability to develop and make positive continuous Improvement changes.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join the team.
- Proactively review manufacturing methods and machinery capabilities of new and existing customers, advising on manufacturing methods to encompass current best practice.
- To take the lead on tooling audits for potential new customers, advising VEKA of specific set up costs.
- Take ownership for new customer set ups in line with agreed costs and timescales.
- Work in alignment with the VEKA sales team and customers to develop agreed improvement plans for necessary customers.
- Initiate and develop training programmes for customers to adhere to current best practice.
- Deliver operational excellence – professionally manage outcomes for customers (internal/external) finding workable solutions where possible and through ensuring personal ownership for speed/accuracy.
- Conduct relevant product training for internal and external customers.
- Conduct customer site visit audits to ascertain requirements, agreeing actions and invoice accountability.
- Investigate specific customer quality concerns, passing relevant details on the Customer Service department within agreed timescale.
- Utilise CRM fully, ensuring high levels of proactive planned activity and high quality/accuracy of all content.
- Support the Head of Product Development by providing feedback on customer production of non VEKA/Halo products.
- Liaise with the Product and Technical teams in the development of new products.
- Liaise with the Technical team and the customer regarding manual updates and system changes.
- Manufacture and supply product samples as requested.
- To take ownership for the planning and facilitation of all aspects of the delivery and installation of customer tooling.
- Work with machinery, tooling, and hardware suppliers to help maintain a superior knowledge of up to date industry products and methods of manufacture and share with relevant personnel.
- Proactively plan and audit key accounts, to include Independent Network accounts, reporting findings and providing any necessary improvement action plans.
- Provide monthly report in line with objectives to the Head of Sales.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA SPIRIT values at all times.
- To maintain all Health, Safety and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
- Live by our VEKA SPIRIT values.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role.
- Track record in window manufacturing and installation with full understanding of techniques.
- Team Player.
- Looking for a long term career with development opportunities.
- Excellent time management skills with a flexible approach to hours.