Systems Administrator (IT)
Closing date: 09/04/2021
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to assist the busy I.T team in providing support within the business on all I.T Hardware, Network, Desktop and Server related issues, with a focus on Network Security and Access Controls.
This role will be very much ‘hands-on’ and will see you involved in a wide range of end user issues supporting the Service Delivery process.
This is an employee stakeholder facing role that requires you to establish and manage customer service requirements within the business to a high standard.
Through experience gained on the job and training provided by the company, you will develop a focus on IT Cyber Security and Network Access controls. You will become the first point of contact within the support team for issues of this kind along with the monitoring and administering the systems in place.
Overall, we are looking for an individual to join the VEKA family and ACT alongside our Company values.
If you think you have these qualities, then we’d love you to join the team.
- Contribute towards high performing service support functions including: IT Support Service Desk, Desktop Support and Server Support.
- Take ownership of service delivery tasks allocated to you through the helpdesk, through to successful completion.
- Ensure effective communication to internal employee stakeholders on allocated tasks.
- Update Service Delivery tasks with relevant information and task status via the helpdesk.
- Be accountable for your personal quality of Service and performance.
- Liaise with other members of the team to provide the most effective and efficient solution.
- Assist in installing computer hardware and software for new employees.
Meeting Room Support
- Ensure internal and external customers have the access required in order to carry out their activity in a secure way.
- Help maintain equipment usability in meeting / conference facilities.
- Build, configure and deploy laptops, desktops and other devices to a high standard of performance and security.
- Proactively work to rectify IT related issues on hardware, software and network.
- Ensure that patching and anti-virus updates are carried out promptly and effectively across servers and desktops.
- Provide help and advice to customers on IT related matters.
- Manage Internet and website access through the Firewall.
- Administer network user accounts and permissions.
- Control Wireless and Network access using the systems and protocols in place.
- Proactively monitor the network and computer equipment to identify potential problems.
- Liaise with suppliers to provide the most appropriate technical solution.
- Help maintain and contribute towards the IT Intranet page.
- Involvement in project work as required.
Performance & Quality
- Work with the Service Delivery Team Leader to improve the efficiency of Service Delivery.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- Promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure departmental records are updated to reflect any changes or additions.
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to those listed from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above role responsibilities.
- Provide evidence of an IT related qualification(s) / certification(s).
- Technical experience of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint products. (Desirable)
- LAN/WAN, VLAN, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Active Directory experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate a degree of flexibility including emergency call outs and out of hours working.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility.
- Able to manage and prioritise and tasks and time efficiently.
Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.