Vacancies: Sustainability & Compliance Advisor
Closing date: 30/11/2021
We are currently looking for a Sustainability & Compliance Advisor to join our HR team.
You will be Responsible for the development and delivery of quality, environmental and compliance policy and process, continuing management of QMS/EMS and ongoing business sustainability challenges.
You will take Pride in championing quality, environment and compliance, promoting awareness across the business, ensuring ongoing management of company compliance policies, supporting departments with the attainment of quality & environmental targets.
Your excellent Speaking & Listening skills will help ensure ongoing relationships and stakeholder management at board and group level.
- Work with the UK Board to proactively develop our sustainability strategy.
- Generate monthly reporting and conduct Board overviews.
- Ensure ongoing relationship and stakeholder management at VEKA Group level.
- Implement and communicate the Company’s key ‘sustainability challenges’ to all stakeholders.
- Champion quality, environment and compliance promoting awareness across the business.
- Document and communicate environmental, quality and compliance policy and procedures.
- Develop and control environmental and quality management system documentation.
- Management of ISO standards
- Ensure ongoing management of company compliance policies.
- Support departments with the attainment of quality and environmental targets.
- Development and support internal auditing teams.
- Conduct internal audits and assist in supplier/customer/waste contractor audits.
- Ensure internal audits are recorded and non-conformances are being closed down in a timely manner
- Assist external auditors and record results of external audits whilst monitoring corrective/preventative action plans
- Conduct environmental and quality management review meetings
- Review relevant legislation/management to ensure company compliance
- Compile environmental impact assessments and review on a regular basis
- Identify environmental objectives and ensure continuous improvement programmes are developed
- Compile and present relevant internal training
- Assist in the supply of information for tenders and PQQ’s
- Ownership of department intranet information
- Ensure Company values are upheld in a personal/departmental and organisational context
- To represent the Company in a professional manner at all times
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Manager from time to time.
- Communication and Influencing skills
- Acting in an advisory capacity regarding company policy
- Wide level stakeholder engagement
- Development and management of internal management systems
- Report writing
- Data analysis
- Workshop/training delivery
- Methodical/attention to detail
- Process driven
- IT capability