Vacancies: Stock Movement Operator (FLT)
Closing date: 03/09/2021
To safely move base and finished stock produced by Lamination and Shrink Wrap departments, to either base storage area in the Warehouse or to the conveyor system.
- To maintain a base material feed for the Lamination lines and to remove finished stock from the lines.
- To liaise with colleagues and superiors on day to day duties and issues.
- Understanding of lamination production plan with regards to work requirements.
- To be fully conversant and competent in the operation of SAP systems within this area.
- To be conversant and competent with hand held Teklogix RF Scanners.
- To accurately book stock on to the system, ensuring product details and amounts are correct and in line with set procedures.
- To use the conveying system safely and to rectify identified faults when they occur.
- To move base product into Warehouse and to retrieve it for use in the lamination department.
- Ensuring safe driving methods are operated at all times.
- To ensure material handling, both mechanical and manual is carried out efficiently and safely.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
- To undertake general housekeeping duties within the department, ensuring that the working environment is maintained in line with Company requirements.
- To be competent to the standards required within the VEKA training manual and achieve NVQ level 2 qualifications.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, C.O.S.H.H. and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
- Live by our ACT Values
- Be able to work the Lamination department rotating shift pattern
- Enthusiastic with a passion to learn
- Knowledge of warehouse duties and product storage.
- Previous experience in the operation of FLT’s advantageous, but not essential.
- Ability to organise workload and prioritise to time scales.
- Looking for a long term career with development opportunities
- Focus on Health and Safety at all times