Stock Movement Operator – Lamination
Closing date: 09/04/2021
We are looking for a Stock Movement Operator to join our Successful, fast paced and evolving Lamination department.
Our stock movement team are Responsible for the smooth flow of base and stock material into and out of our busy Lamination department.
You will be accountable for movement, verification and checking of stock within a key growth area of our business and you will be expected to display Integrity and Teamwork at all times.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join us.
- To maintain a base material feed for the Lamination lines and to remove finished stock from the lines.
- To liaise with colleagues and superiors on day to day duties and issues.
- Understanding of lamination production plan with regards to work requirements.
- To be fully conversant and competent in the operation of SAP systems within this area.
- To be conversant and competent with hand held Teklogix RF Scanners.
- To accurately book stock on to the system, ensuring product details and amounts are correct and in line with set procedures.
- To use the conveying system safely and to rectify identified faults when they occur.
- To move base product into Warehouse and to retrieve it for use in the lamination department.
- Ensuring safe driving methods are operated at all times.
- To ensure material handling, both mechanical and manual is carried out efficiently and safely.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
- To undertake general housekeeping duties within the department, ensuring that the working environment is maintained in line with Company requirements.
- To be competent to the standards required within the VEKA training manual and achieve NVQ level 2 qualifications.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, C.O.S.H.H. and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Manager from time to time.
- Live by our VEKA SPIRIT values
- Be able to work a rotating shift pattern (6-2/2-10)
- Enthusiastic with a passion to learn
- Knowledge of warehouse duties and product storage
- Previous experience in the operation of FLT’s advantageous, but not essential
- Ability to organise workload and prioritise to time scales
- Looking for a long term career with development opportunities
- Focus on Health and Safety at all times