Vacancies: Shift Maintenance Engineer
Closing date: 25/02/2022
Responsible for maintenance activities in direct support of production equipment, covering breakdowns, identification of breakdown root cause and corrective action.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate across departments to provide support in line with business needs and growth.
- Reacting to breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Be required to keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Attend meetings as required, analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
- Coordinate your day-to-day work with PUL or assistants.
- A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Strong electrical experience.
- Knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.