Vacancies: Security Officer
Closing date: 08/10/2021
Due to expansion within our team, we are currently looking for an additional Security Officer to join our enthusiastic Security team.
You will take pride in your work and be responsible for ensuring the security of our Burnley site and the welfare of our employees and visitors.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate across departments to provide support in line with business needs.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, Quality, Environmental and housekeeping standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
- Monitoring of lone workers
- Operate emergency procedures and liaise with emergency services as required
- Operation of CCTV cameras
- Ensure all areas are safety compliant by conducting Area Safety Inspections
- Ensure emergency systems are operations, to include fire-fighting, emergency lighting and emergency doors
- To work unsupervised solving problems and ensuring required standards are maintained
- Ensuring permit to work procedures are followed
- Issuing and logged recording of on-site keys
- Booking in of and log of vehicles
- To undertake timed site patrols with recorded documentation.
- Log and report unscheduled events on the Security Database
- Operation of weighbridge/mixing plant delivery system
- Undertake site office closure and opening procedure
- Validation of energy meter readings for ISO 50001 compliance
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business
- Maintain working partnership and efficient handovers with Site Liaison team
- To promote, implement and support relevant Company policies and procedures
- Operation of security barriers
- Conduct fire alarm tests and drills
- Attending to and directing visitors/contractors on site
- Maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding and promoting the VEKA Values always, both internally and externally
- Liaise and maintain working relationships with colleagues and departments on day to day duties and issues
- Promote a safe working environment for our people by reporting hazards
- To represent the Company in a professional manner
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Manager from time to time.
- Recent Security experience and the possession of an SIA qualification desirable but not essential
- Excellent understanding of the Burnley site once inducted
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of health and safety (training to be given)
- Have good influencing skills (able to get the best out of colleagues)
- Good IT, oral & written communication skills
- Able to demonstrate solid decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Driven to change things for the better
- Target focussed with a desire to hit relevant KPI’s
- Able to inspire and bring people along with them
- A keen team player and mentor to others in the department
- Flexible ways of working to cover holidays and sickness
- The ability to work a rotating shift pattern with an average working week of 36.5 hours