Sales Support Leader
Closing date: 28/02/2020
We are looking for a Sales Support Leader to join our Successful and busy Customer Services Team who take Pride in their work.
You will be Responsible for leading and developing the team to deliver a consistently excellent customer service experience, in line with the Company’s business objectives. Working and living a culture of continuous Improvement, whilst displaying Integrity at all times.
You will be required to communicate regularly with members of other departments and customers; candidates must therefore exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills, together with the ability to manage their own time effectively.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join the team.
- Create a genuinely passionate team that owns every customer interaction and seeks to delight customers.
- Create a deep understanding and ownership through the whole team on “how the work works” and a culture of identifying, owning and introducing real change that enhances the customer experience.
- Work to deliver the company’s business strategy and targets in an ethical and sustainable way.
- Be responsible for the quality and consistency of customer service, and for increasing overall customer satisfaction and performance, demonstrating and promoting professional communication within the team.
- Develop and maintain lean working methods, adhering to best practice internal procedures, in line with VEKA’s continuous improvement ethos which support the requirements of new and existing customers.
- Contribute to an optimal OTIF service level, minimising departmental order process errors.
- Be the 1st line of contact for customers for product availability, pricing and order queries.
- Accurately process customer orders using SAP to enable them to source the products they need, in order to meet their own fabrication and customer requirements.
- Support flexibility in areas such as order additions, overnight requests, collection requests, returns and miscellaneous orders
- Work with the “made to order” system to ensure specials are professionally handled from a price and availability perspective.
- Work across the VEKA business to help resolve any queries or secure outcomes which protect our OTIF performance for our customers.
- Proactively contact customers to provide advanced warning of delivery shortages, providing them with clarity on the new delivery date, and ensuring they can plan accordingly.
- Promote and support use of VEKA’s online ordering system by customers in order to reduce manual order processing, freeing up time to provide customers with other services and support.
- Proactively engage with Line Manager on identification of functional improvements in the context of a wider plan and journey to building the best possible customer service function and experience.
- Lead the department, ensuring market-leading customer service, no matter what every day brings.
- Ensure all queries and complaints are answered professionally, comprehensively and within the agreed timescale by the team.
- Analyse and investigate customer claims, credits and VEKA costs.
- Create a genuine continuous improvement culture, leading from the front, utilising lean methodology. Have, and develop with the team, high capability in all internal systems, including SAP and CRM.
- Ensure all have relevant knowledge of VEKA/Halo systems, services, products, markets and standards.
- Manage, organise and encourage teamwork whilst motivating the team to complete tasks efficiently and effectively. Create energy and passion for customers.
- Work with the management team to define and implement standards, customer service strategy/policy and objectives.
- Contribute towards the development and open reporting on balanced and relevant departmental KPI’s.
- Support the daily reporting of our business OTIF performance.
- Maintain and regularly work towards continuous improvement of a proactive daily communication stream to all customers, communicating expected delivery failures, as a minimum, 24 hours in advance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all internal departments to support optimum service levels to internal and external customers.
- Actively promote customer electronic ordering (EDI and eShop) and increase on time and accuracy of processing.
- Champion the customer internally within the business in order to achieve the very best outcome for them, supporting the company’s business objectives.
- Handle all customer queries and process customer orders.
- Use excel spreadsheet to process customer consignment stocks (predictive orders)
- Deal with internal queries as and when they arise, ensuring speedy response.
- Deal with requests for proof of delivery, liaising with transport department as and when necessary.
- Electronically file customer orders on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
- Liaise with the VEKA Sales Team, to initiate development or improvement plans across necessary areas.
- Maintain effective supervision and development of the Customer Services Team during monthly 1-2-1s and annual SPIRIT Map reviews, supported by appropriate development activities with each team member.
- Ensure that the Company and Departmental SPIRIT values are communicated, promoted and upheld within the team environment, both internally and externally.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Head of Sales Support from time to time.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication.
- Focused on improvement, constructively providing ideas on how to improve all aspects of the work.
- Able to proactively demonstrate initiative, and provide solutions to challenges in the interests of the customer/business.
- Excellent skills and experience in working with SAP & Microsoft Packages.
- Comfortable working with numbers with a focus on accuracy.
- Able to understand the product being sold to support customer queries.
- Warm and positive outlook, capable of producing a “smile” through all methods of communication.
- Passionate about customers, recognising them as vital to our future success.
- A team player, putting needs of team ahead of own needs.