Vacancies: Project Manager
Closing date: 27/05/2022
Take ownership, responsibility and management of all product and service related projects which have a direct impact on our customers (internal and external). Utilise key project management principles to ensure discipline and timely delivery of projects while tracking and reporting on the value that the project brings. Be accountable for the successful delivery of such projects through a collaborative approach with functions across the business while maintaining a focus on ACT values.
- To work with colleagues across the business regarding new propositions (products & services), delivering initial business case, in line with documented process guide, with a clear customer focus by coordinating inputs from various business functions for board approval.
- Utlising the agile framework to prepare, upon approval of initial business case, a detailed analysis of costs, project plan incl. stage-gates and responsibilities through to launch including customer commuications.
- Utilise a lean approach by identifying the value of each project, map the value stream, create the flow, establish the pull and continue to improve to ensure that customer value is maximised and waste is eliminated by remaining within the project scope and meeting critical success factors.
- To ensure all projects are transparent to key stakeholders and that the value of each project is clearly tracked and reported upon through the use of relevant tools and commitment and delivery points.
- To ensure all plans are delivered on time, on brand, in line with our ACT values and to agreed timescales and budget.
- To manage risks and issues within the project team with recommendations and proposed solutions to ensure adaptability of the project.
- To maintain project plans and ensure work streams owners deliver to their plans in line with the documented process guide.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the project through continuous questioning of the value adding elements of the projects to ensure the customer focus is not lost and any enhancement identified through the project are implemented.
- Ensure all projects and related internal collaborations are optimising productivity, taking an incremental approach where required and agile approach where required.
- Be responsible for the planning of setting goals, defining roles and producing schedules of tasks.
- Focus on execution through managing the project to pre-agreed time-plan, supported by the project team (pre-agreed in the Initiation phase).
- Evaluating the successes and challenges to enhance learning for your next project.
- Maintaining and developing customer relationships at all times.
- Maintain all Health, Safety and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
- Project team leadership – co-ordinating a cross section of functions to deliver project to timeplan (E)
- Organisation & Structure (E)
- Process & Planning (E)
- Strong literacy and report writing skills (E)
- Influencing skills (E)
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and a values led approach (E)
- Excellent communication skills and customer friendly, confident and reliable (E)
- Prince2 qualified (E)
- Experience in MS Project – experienced in delivering detailed project plans on MS Project (D)
- Experience working with the tool within Microsoft Office 365 (D)
- 5+ years Experience in a project management role focused on delivery of product and services (D)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (D)