Production Unit Leader – Extrusion
Closing date: 14/05/2021
To lead and manage the production unit effectively and efficiently, to manage the Extrusion shift to produce quality profile and a superior service to your stakeholders both internally and externally in the achievement of departmental targets.
- To take full responsibility for all functions of the extrusion shift including Stock Movement/Tool Setting.
- Accomplish manufacturing and staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising.
- Management and development of Assistant Production Unit Leader, overseeing their duties and responsibilities with regard to the department and it’s people.
- To maintain correct manning levels on a daily basis, organising flexible workloads and efficient management of resources, ensuring timesheet documentation is completed.
- To manage, organise, encourage teamwork and motivate the team to carry out tasks efficiently and effectively.
- To ensure departmental employees are at all times aware of how their contribution meets the requirements of the customer.
- To ensure that detailed Work Performance Records, Appraisals and Training Matrices are maintained on a regular and timely basis.
- To ensure personnel are trained to both the VEKA training standards and QCF’s standards, enabling and encouraging all persons to obtain the necessary skills to progress through the grades, maintaining on-going personal and team training, development and growth opportunities.
- To ensure that all members of the team at every level fully understand their responsibilities, both to themselves and others and at all time to comply with departmental and company codes of practice.
- To take full responsibility and proactive approach for departmental performance and absence management issues, undertaking all necessary employee investigations / back to work interviews / issuing advice and encouragement and conducting disciplinary investigations.
- Uphold and live the VEKA Values at all times.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters.
- To conduct team meetings and team briefings
- To have the ability to monitor the quality of a product and ensure it stays within the VEKA quality specifications.
- To ensure that teams are fully aware of their responsibilities towards VEKA’s quality standards and systems.
- To consistently deliver quality products through continued improvement of processes, systems and people.
- Takes full ownership and accountability of all finished products which are deemed not suitable for the customer or require working through.
- Experience of managing teams of machine operators within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent oral & written communication, together with strong negotiation skills to gain buy-in from shop floor on process adherence and change.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A keen team player, team leader and mentor to others in the department.