Vacancies: Product Engineer
Closing date: 27/05/2022
Working as part of the wider technical team offering product, design, specification and legislative support to specifiers, fabricators, installers, internal colleagues and consumers of uPVC window and door systems. Working closely and collaboratively with colleagues to support the launch, sales and support of profiles, ancillaries and other none fenestration products as required. Working and living a culture of continuous improvement and reduction of waste through process review.
- Answering incoming telephone demand quickly and effectively
- Monitoring of the Technical Team Inbox, responding to demands directly and redistributing the work when appropriate
- Review of technical manuals, supporting changes when required
- Assist in the management of all phases of implementation of new product development and product improvements, including but not exclusively design management and accreditation
- Project manage test contracts, including administration and seek value for money from the certification budget
- To author new Technical Manuals to accompany new product developments when required
- Keep existing manuals/documentation updated with product improvements/deletions etc. in a timely manner
- To liaise with all internal and external stakeholders with regard to product design and quality standards.
- Prepare new or revised product/tooling drawings using AutoCAD Design Suite to recognised drafting standards and company templates.
- Produce prototypes and 3D models with external suppliers or in house 3D printing technology.
- To keep abreast of current industry best practice and ensure products are designed to current performance and quality standards and within health and safety regulations.
- Use existing and create new dedicated software and technical manuals to calculate strength requirements and suitable construction of proposed VEKA / Halo products
- Ensure solutions presented meet all relevant industry standards and are in line with VEKA / Halo recommendations
- Ensure accuracy of all calculations and customer responses
- Use CRM system to capture important customer information
- Preparation of feasibility drawings where appropriate
- Creation of technical drawings using Autocad and other appropriate software
- Maintain technical documentation on internal drives and external third party websites such as RIBA
- Liaising with Product Management, cascade product information on a regular basis to all levels within the business through activities such as training, product handbook and simple standalone product descriptions
- Provide support to customers in generation of calculations including, but not exclusively, energy ratings, thermal, acoustic and free vent areas for window and door systems.Develop strong strategic relationships with a network of key decision makers within certification bodies
- Taking ownership of own and team actions, learning and improving from mistakes
- Promote and implement Company policies and procedures.
- Always represent the Company in a friendly and professional customer focused manner
- HNC / HND in engineering
- Able to complete calculation of thermal transmittance using BS EN ISO 10077-1:2017 methodology
- An understanding of windload and methodology for calculating loadings through BS 1991 series of standards
- Competent user of Autocad / Inventor and similar software products
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer friendly, confident and reliable
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude
- Demonstrates a values led approach
- Previous experience within the construction / fenestration industry
- High level use of Excel worksheets
- Knowledge of British Standards and EN documentation
- Competent user of SharePoint