Operations Manager – Lamination
Closing date: 31/01/2020
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager within our growing Lamination department to Successfully deliver a profile focus and excellence and to drive the production facility forwards.
Working and living a culture of continuous Improvement, whilst displaying Integrity at all times, the position will be Responsible for budget planning, controlling and motivating the Lamination team to deliver high performance to our customers.
The role will be required to mentor and coach other Team members, taking Pride in their work, therefore the ability to support, develop and lead others is a requirement of the role.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join the team
- To function as a fully flexible member of the team and carry out activities as necessary to fulfil business / team objectives.
- Lead your teams, upholding and promoting the VEKA Values at all times.
- Plan and organise in order to have the correct resources needed to deliver the plan in the most cost effective manner.
- Budget planning and control.
- Flow down objectives to direct reports and delegate responsibility to deliver desired results.
- To encourage, train and develop the team to be self motivated and self managed, creating a high performing team.
- Strive for world class performance, benchmark against others within VEKA group and externally.
- To facilitate effective problem solving through root cause analysis.
- Play an active role in shaping the business for the future, contributing in areas outside of your direct area of responsibility.
- To represent the Company externally through participation in trade events, working with suppliers and customers.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding and promoting the VEKA Values at all times, both internally and externally.
- To maintain all Health, Safety and Environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Director from time to time.
- Must be degree educated.
- Experience in a leadership role and able to demonstrate results achieved.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash-flow management and CAPEX investment.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experienced in resource planning.
- MRP/ERP system knowledge.
- Experience of leading and delivering continuous improvement projects.
- Proven ability in developing people.