Closing date: 02/07/2021
As the MRO Buyer, you will be responsible for identifying and procuring goods and services across all indirect categories, with a strong focus on Maintenance, Repairs and Operations.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships
- Manage and monitor contracts to ensure all parties meet their contractual obligations and best value is achieved. Drive service improvements from existing and new sources of supply.
- Improve spend controls, management reporting and KPIs, building a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Management of MRO spend, Cap Ex planning and utilities spend.
- Implement and manage inventory of maintenance spares via SAP/MRP
- Responsibility for sourcing and scheduling Customer Tooling and Software
- Reporting directly to the Procurement Manager but working closely with the wider Procurement team, Maintenance team, Engineering Director and newly created Facilities Management role.
- Ability to understand engineering/technical drawings
- Demonstrated experience of operating in a Project Management capacity, leading the delivery of end to end Procurement projects and achieving TCO savings.
- Experience in contract management
- Experienced in managing supplier performance
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge & experience in working with SAP would be an advantage but not essential
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply while not essential is desirable
We reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.