Mixing Plant Operator
Closing date: 08/01/2021
We are looking for a Mixing Plant Operator to join our fast paced, state-of-the-art Mixing Plant.
Our Successful Mixing Plant Team takes Pride in their work to produce innovative compounds for our products.
You will be Responsible for maintaining continuous Improvement within an essential area of our business and you will be expected to display Integrity and Teamwork at all times.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join us.
- To monitor, control and operate the mixing plant efficiently in accordance with daily plan requirements.
- Liaising with production to ensure effective mixer planning and silo’s are maintained in line with current production requirements.
- Liaising with maintenance to ensure effective maintenance and health and safety procedures are adhered to.
- Liaising with standards and testing department to ensure correct compound.
- Cleaning of the mixing plant.
- Organising the processing of mixing orders.
- Operating the switchboard gallery.
- Instructing and co-ordinating external sources i.e. suppliers.
- Compiling test certificates for subsidiaries, compound customers and contract compound recipients.
- Colour approvals on both products and compounds.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business, using both formal and informal methods.
- To promote, implement and support relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding and promoting the VEKA Values at all times, both internally and externally.
- To liaise and maintain working relationships with colleagues and departments on day to day duties and issues.
- To maintain all Health, Safety and Environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Manager from time to time
- Live by our VEKA SPIRIT values
- Able to work 6-2/2-10/10-6 shift pattern
- Enthusiastic with a passion to learn
- FLT experience would support an application, although not essential
- Quality Awareness
- Looking for a long term career with development opportunities
- Focus on Health and Safety at all times