Material Supply Operative
Closing date: 22/01/2021
These new roles have been created and are seen as critical to ensure the smooth supply of raw materials to the production lines in a timely and co-ordinated way.
Reporting to the Extrusion Production Unit Leader, this role will be responsible for the improvement of material supply across Extrusion, within the following key areas:
- Raw Materials Supply – Powder
- Tape Replacement
This role will have overall responsibility for increased material flow, reduced stoppage time and ensuring the lines run efficiently.
You will be expected to work collaboratively with other departments within the business and thus build key relationships.
Overall, we are looking for candidates who can show positive working attitudes and ACT alongside our Company values.
If you think you have these qualities, then we’d love you to join the team.
RAW MATERIALS SUPPLY – POWDER
- Liaising with Operations planning for daily / weekly production requirements.
- Responsible for Raw Material supply to maintain production needs.
- Consumption of materials from Regrind area.
- Manual handling and decanting of powder and granulated material where needed.
- Highlight any shortages in a timely manner as to protect production
- Powder bin and PCE bin changes and replenishment.
- Supply of rolled in gasket to the department as required.
- Housekeeping of Extruder alleyway and surrounding area.
- Oversee and up keep of powder racking, including powder de canting.
- Management of waste recycling.
- Ensuring FLT daily pre work checks are carried out as required.
- Ensure consistent supply of required pro-tapes for extrusion department
- Using Cutting machines cut required rolls in line with SAP report
- Ensure racking is kept tidy in line with VEKA housekeeping standards and tapes are incorrect place regarding size width and brands
- Ensure machines are clean tidy and any Preventative maintenance checks are completed.
- Ensure material is consumed on SAP daily
- Understand and operate Tape cutting machine in line with WI MANNSUPP_WI0001, MANNSUPP_WI0002, MANNSUPP_WI0005 & MANNSUPP_WI0006
- Manage and control regasket rails to ensure all non-conforming product is reworked to acceptable standard.
- Liaise with Production Unit Leader on requirements.
- Re-Gasket profile in line with Work Instruction EXT_WI0007
- Use of overhead crane in line with EX_F0016
- Use Electric pallet truck in line with Work Instruction HS_F0008
- Excellent oral & written communication with process adherence ethos.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A keen team player and mentor to others in the department.
- Must be Computer literate. Microsoft and SAP
- Must be Extrusion Level 3 and above or have relevant material experience