Closing date: 14/05/2021
To lead and manage all improvement activities within Operations focusing on both process and project delivery to deliver business benefits.
To take full responsibility for all process improvements within business.
- Focus on design and operation of integrated systems and processes to ensure production of high quality economically competitive profiles.
- To manage and improve current processes procedures and documentation.
- Improve project delivery for areas of extrusion, lamination and warehouse.
- To ensure delivery of outstanding BIT projects.
- To create a methodology for implementation of Kaizen and improvement events.
- Develop real time problem and data collection.
- Train out and develop structured problem resolution.
- Assist all areas in reduction in scrap performance.
- Develop and improve current OEE performance for Extrusion, Lamination and Warehouse.
Additional tasks include:
- To ensure that graduate ME fully understands his/her responsibilities, both to themselves and others with regard to health and safety matters and at all times to comply with departmental and Company codes of practice.
- To ensure all paperwork and reports are completed accurately, legible and where required submitted on time.
- To promote, implement and support relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To work unsupervised solving problems and ensuring required standards are maintained.
- To maintain a proactive approach in relation to management of colleagues.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- To liaise with colleagues and all levels of employees on day to day duties and issues.
- To maintain all Health, Safety and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
- Manufacturing Engineering Degree or Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Experience of working within Manufacturing plants.
- Experience with project management and planning.
- Hands on approach.
- Technically minded, hands on and with good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to liaise directly with suppliers having good oral and written communication.
- Team player who can handle / accept responsibility and mentor other members of the department.
- Able to provide data backed feedback formally and informally.