Vacancies: Manufacturing Apprentice
Closing date: 27/05/2022
To learn and train within all facets of the Operations division – Extrusion/Lamination/Warehouse/Support Areas
On completion of the apprenticeship the role will:
- Be familiar with VEKA and Halo products
- Effectively support the running of extrusion and lamination lines
- Pick and pack products according to customer requirements
- Operate SAP warehouse management systems and scanners in accordance with standards
- Undertake manual and automated product measurement processes
- Record necessary data on required systems
- Prepare foil for product lamination
- Monitor product quality
- Monitor material and substance feed systems
- Understand production plans and requirements
- Work within a team environment, supporting colleagues
- Maintain housekeeping standards within all areas
- To be aware of and work within Health and Safety policy and procedures at all times.
- To attend all relevant Company training.
- Ensure material handling, both mechanical and and manual is carried out effectively and safely
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach, upholding the VEKA ACT Values at all times.
- To liaise with colleagues and Manager on day to day duties and issues.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, COSHH and environmental standards within the workplace
- Adhere to all Company working practices.
- Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the team.
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner.
- Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with any unexpected problems that arise.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to Equal Opportunities.
- Use of IT systems
- Manual dexterity
- Effective communication.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Motivation and flexibility.
- Respect and professionalism.
- Time management and multitasking.
- Understanding and following safety rules.
- Understanding and carrying out set tasks.
- Understanding of health and safety requirements