Closing date: 23/10/2020
We are looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer with a broad based Electrical and Mechanical background, with experience in manufacturing.
You will be part of a Successful Maintenance Team who take Pride in their work, you will carry out reactive repairs, planned maintenance and Improvement projects.
You will be Responsible for some of the most modern and innovative equipment within the industry and be expected to display Integrity and Teamwork at all times.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join our team.
- Reacting to breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Be required to keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Attend meetings as required, analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
- Coordinate your day-to-day work with PUL’s or assistant PUL’s.
- To ensure material handling, both mechanical and manual is carried out efficiently and safely.
- To ensure that full and complete job and Health & Safety assessments are carried out before undertaking a particular job.
- To undertake general housekeeping duties, ensuring that the working environment is maintained in line with Company and specific departmental work area requirements.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, C.O.S.H.H. and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Manager from time to time.
- A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Strong electrical experience.
- Knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
- Practical experience of using a CMMS.
- Total focus on Health and Safety always.