Vacancies: Lamination Process Leader
Closing date: 30/11/2021
To be familiar with VEKA products and profiles. Take the lead in set-up procedures, ensuring risks of faults are minimised and line speeds are optimised .
To own continuous improvement with focus on the technical side of Lamination, specifically:
- SAFETY – Ensuring that lamination process is as safe as it can be
- Quality – Ensuring That the lamination process produces product 100% right first time
- Cost – Ensuring that set-ups are a quick as possible and line speeds as fast as possible (ensuring that safety and quality are not compromised
- Delivery – Ensuring that leadtimes are as quick as possible and 100% adherence to schedule
- People – Removing complexity from the Lamination process so as to reduce the risk of things going wrong and making the job easier to do
- To create and maintain documented, user friendly methods (SOPs) on how to effectively and efficiently carry out the Lamination processes which should incorporate any changes made as part of the continuous improvement
- To create/maintain CAD files
- To host and run KAIZAN events, engaging other team members in improvement activity
- To change the “Status Quo” once improvements have been implemented, ensuring that the benefits are realised.
- To ensure that improvements are recognised and celebrated
- To work closely with the PUL’s to ascertain areas of focus
- To support the shift trainers in producing a high performing, capable team.
- To deputize for the PUL’s in times of absence or high workload
- To review, input into and address (from a technical point of view) Root Cause and Corrective Action arising from Customer Concerns and/or internal scrap/quarantine. People related issues should be left to the PUL although input into what has gone wrong in these cases, should be given.
- Daily data gathering / analysis
- Reviews of appropriate KPI’s
- Project work, delivering improvements
- Identification of where things have gone wrong and implementation of robust corrective actions
- Administration work, embedding change
- Process audits
- Excellent understanding of the Lamination Process (additional training to be given)
- Good continuous improvement skills
- Good influencing skills (able to get the best out of colleagues)
- Basic IT skills
- Good oral & written communication with process adherence ethos.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Driven to change things for the better
- Target focussed with a desire to hit the numbers
- Able to inspire and bring people along with them
- A keen team player and mentor to others in the department.
- Training of lower graded operators
- Supporting Shift trainer
- Support the PUL
- Flexible way of working