Lamination Packaging Operator
Closing date: 08/01/2021
We are looking for a packaging operator to join our fast paced packaging department.
Our conscientious Team takes Pride in their work to package a wide range of colourful Laminated profiles for our nationwide customer base.
You will be Responsible for maintaining continuous support for our Lamination department, which is a key growth area of our business and you will be expected to display Integrity and Teamwork at all times.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join us.
- To effectively run the shrink wrapping machine, which includes:
- -shrink wrapping profile.
- -hand bagging profile.
- -re-taping profile.
- -rolling in gasket.
- -operating Fork Lift Trucks.
- -ensuring correct product identification labels are in place.
- -packaging profile to standards expected by the customer.
- To work within a team, maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
- To ensure material handling, both mechanical and manual is carried out efficiently and safely.
- To undertake general housekeeping duties within the department, ensuring that the working environment is maintained in line with Company requirements.
- To be competent to the standards required within the VEKA training manual and achieve NVQ level 2 qualifications.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- To liaise with colleagues and superiors on day to day duties and issues.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, C.O.S.H.H. and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Production Unit Leader/Manager from time to time.
• Live by our VEKA SPIRIT values
• Be able to work a 3 rotating shift pattern (6-2/2-10/10-6)
• Enthusiastic with a passion to learn
• Basic machining knowledge would support an application, although not essential
• Quality Awareness
• Looking for a long term career with development opportunities
• Focus on Health and Safety at all times