Closing date: 31/01/2020
We are looking for machine operators to join our fast paced, evolving Lamination department.
Our Successful Lamination Team takes Pride in their work to produce a wide range of colourful Laminated proﬁles for our nationwide customer base. You will be Responsible for maintaining continuous Improvement within a key growth area of our business and you will be expected to display Integrity and Teamwork at all times.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join us.
- To be familiar with VEKA and Halo lamination products and profiles.
- To effectively run the lamination lines, which includes:
- preparing foil for products
- setting lines according to product requirements
- monitoring material and substance feeds
- monitoring product quality
- supplying and recording all necessary data on required systems, working in conjunction with company QS/ETS requirements and standards
- trim and package finished products if required
- work to department targets and KPI’s
- Maintain continuous improvement within the department, upholding Lean manufacturing principles.
- To work within a team, maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
- To ensure material handling, both mechanical and manual is carried out efficiently and safely.
- To undertake general housekeeping duties within the department, ensuring that the working environment is maintained in line with company requirements.
- To be competent to the standards required within the VEKA and Halo training manual and achieve NVQ level 2 qualifications.
- Work towards Technician grade achieving the necessary Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) NVQ level 2 qualifications.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- To liaise with colleagues and superiors on day to day duties and issues.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, C.O.S.H.H. and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Manager from time to time.
- Live by our VEKA SPIRIT values
- Be able to work a 3 rotating shift pattern (6-2/2-10/10-6)
- Enthusiastic with a passion to learn
- Basic machining knowledge would support an application, although not essential
- Quality Awareness
- Looking for a long term career with development opportunities
- Focus on Health and Safety at all times