IT Service Delivery Team Leader
Closing date: 20/03/2021
As part of the company strategy to deliver our 2021 vision, a new role has been identified and is seen as critical to lead and develop the service delivery function within the Information Technology Department.
This role will be very much ‘hands-on’ and will oversee and contribute towards several key functions within the IT department that enables the delivery of a high quality service to end users, whilst ensuring service support and service delivery processes are in place to meet business needs.
This position will be working collaboratively with employee stakeholders, therefore you will be expected to establish and manage customer service requirements within the business and drive the I.T team to achieve those requirements to a high standard.
Overall, we are looking for an individual to join the VEKA family and ACT alongside our Company values.
If you think you have these qualities, then we’d love you to join the team.
- Maintain high performing service support functions including and IT Support Service Desk, Desktop Support and Server Support.
- Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required.
- As owner of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to internal employee stakeholders and post incident review.
- Monitor, control and support service delivery, with ‘hands on’ contribution when required; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes.
Meeting Room Support
- Deliver excellent Presentation and Audio-Visual support, ensure meeting room technology is maintained to high standards and routinely checked to ensure high levels of availability
- Ensure that training services are in place to educate staff on how to use meeting room and collaboration technology effectively.
- Lead the Support team to continually improve the computing environment
- Manage the desktop computing environment to ensure that laptops, PC’s and other access devices are built and maintained to high standards of performance and security
- Ensure that patching and anti-virus updates are carried out promptly and effectively
- Work with the IT Manager to evolve standards for hardware, software and security in the desktop and server environment
Performance & Quality
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
- Provide regular and accurate reporting on IT Service performance.
- Effectively lead the service team including, mentoring, training, target setting,
- 1-2-1’s and performance assessment.
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments.
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to those listed from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above role responsibilities.
- Technical experience of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint products. (Desirable)
- ITIL (Desirable)
- LAN/WAN, VLAN, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Active Directory experience.
- A passion for Service Improvement.
- Experience in an IT Service delivery environment.
- Previous experience as a Team Leader or demonstrable experience in leading teams.
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services.
- Experience in Support in a diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to support and mentor junior staff.
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including emergency call outs and out of hours working.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility.
- Able to manage and prioritise and tasks and time efficiently.
Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.