Independent Network Membership Consultants – Fixed Term
Closing date: 31/12/2019
INDEPENDENT NETWORK is a network organisation representing only the best local uPVC window and door companies in the industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Membership Consultants (1 North, 1 South) to join the Independent Network team on a Fixed Term basis.
These roles are field based with occasional head office working, covering geographic territories across the UK. As such, candidates should possess a valid driving licence, and will need to work away from home on a regular basis.
The successful candidates will be responsible for recruiting new installers to the Independent Network membership and in turn VEKA.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate excellent drive and sales acumen with the ability to recruit and convert new members. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are therefore essential, together with the ability to engage and exceed expectations in a pressured target driven environment.
Understanding and knowledge of the fenestration market is essential to the role and prior experience within fenestration sales, coupled with an existing network of contacts would also support an application.
Overall, this position requires self-motivated, and enthusiastic individuals with excellent organisational and time management skills who can demonstrate and live the Company Values.
Reporting to the Head of Partner Programmes, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a geographic territory 100% focused on recruiting ‘New New’ Installer’s.
‘New New’ Installers are those installers that are not currently buying VEKA plc profile via their respective fabricator. The role is to sell the benefits of Independent Network as a valuable asset of the UK’s leading profile brand; converting installers from another profile brand which would ultimately result in them changing their supply / fabricator for an IN fabricator.
Supported by the IN team with installer target lists, the successful candidate will drive opportunities; via telephone canvassing, face-to-face meetings / appointments and, upon positive outcomes, introduce the prospect to their chosen IN fabricator.
The role will deliver new business leads to the IN fabricator, whilst continuing to manage the IN membership process in tandem with the IN fabricator. The role will also support new business leads that the IN Fabricator is already in discussions with; supporting them as the IN membership expert to aid in securing the new business.
Once membership has been endorsed ensure that the ‘New New’ IN member fully embraces the benefits of membership and demonstrates that all VEKA sales are recorded via the IN Database.
- Develop membership opportunities within your area, via supplied target lists, own black book, etc., to grow the membership and further increase brand awareness of Independent Network as a national brand for homeowners and premium Installers of VEKA products.
- Work with marketing on developing targeted campaigns to gain maximum opportunities via targeted campaigns, joint visits, networking and all aspects of communication.
- Prospecting via telecom, canvassing and social media routes targeting opportunities to fulfil agreed membership objectives.
Quickly becoming an IN Membership expert, the successful candidate will:
- Produce and present targeted, prospect specific IN presentations to promote IN membership benefits; supported with relevant leave-behind.
- Build relationships internally and externally; ensuring IN Fabricators are fully briefed on the process together with all internal VEKA/IN stakeholders (ie. sales & marketing) to achieve the single minded objective of introducing non-VEKA installers to IN fabricators; delivering ’New New’ IN Members and sustainably growing.
- Supporting and nurturing ‘New New’ IN members. Introducing and navigating them around IN membership and the benefits/ services available. This includes Which?TT endorsement, IBG registrations, IN Branding, homeowner enquiries.
- Work with ‘New New’ IN members to ensure VEKA sales targets are met. Demonstrating via the IN Database that ‘New New’ IN members register their Insurance Backed Guarantees via the IN database in a timely manner.
- In depth understanding of Independent Network, its processes, procedures, opportunities, and advantages to assist with selling the benefits to prospect ‘New New’ IN members.
- Understanding of VEKA plc, the products / product offering to use VEKA plc profile as another benefit to being part of IN.
- Ensure compliance with legislation, company policy and procedures contributing to continuous improvement.
- Look after and maintain all issued company assets including car (optional), computer equipment & phone keeping them in clean and serviceable condition.
- Produce monthly expenses, with receipts via a company credit card.
- Operate within European Competition law in all dealings with customers and clients.
- Keep confidential all sensitive company information.
- Maintain and improve your knowledge of systems, services, products, markets and relevant standards. Keep up to date with industry trends & legislation.
- Collate market, competitor and prospective customer information, feeding this back to relevant department within the Company.
- Maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding and promoting the VEKA Values at all times, both internally and externally.
- Keep the team and company fully informed with regards to customer, competitor, supplier, Company and market matters.
- Liaise and maintain working relationships with colleagues and departments on day to day duties and issues.
- Produce monthly presentations with an overview of successes, along with current and planned activities.
- Produce and present effective presentations internally & externally.
- Provide timely and accurate activity reports, records and information.
- Reduce Company overheads by ensuring efficient working methods.
- Attend exhibitions on behalf of VEKA, Independent Network, IN Fabricators and their customers.
- Arrange and accompany VEKA factory visits.
- Attend and positively contribute to monthly membership meetings.
- Work unsupervised solving problems and ensuring required standards are maintained.
Candidates must therefore exhibit the following;
- A strong need to succeed in highly competitive markets and must be able to stay up to date with product developments.
- A desire to build strong mutually beneficial and profitable relationships with the membership.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication, analytical and negotiation skills.
- The behaviours of a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to manage their own time effectively.
- Reliability, flexibility and a positive attitude.
- A quick learner;
Within this role, you will be the key point of contact within Independent Network for prospecting, signing up ‘New New’ members and on-boarding new members. You will therefore be expected to competently liaise with all departments involved to ensure that the members requirements are fully understood.
You will be a quick learner; understanding of the market, supply chain and specifically the IN Fabricators, their offer to the market/installer, regions covered and individuals within their businesses that will assist in converting the ‘New New’ member lead; thus growing their own business.
Given the nature of the role, excellent I.T. skills and financial planning skills are essential, as is a confident telephone/face to face manner. This is an external role so driving will be essential along with overnight hotel stays as and when required.
Recent and relevant industry experience, coupled with experience gained within a sales/new business environment with a customer service ethos would enhance an application.
Overall, this position requires a motivated, organised and enthusiastic individual, who can demonstrate reliability, flexibility and a positive friendly attitude. In addition, someone who fully supports and promotes the VEKA Values at all times.