Vacancies: Extrusion Operator
Closing date: 27/08/2021
We are looking for machine operators to join our fast paced, evolving Extrusion department.
Our successful Extrusion team is expected to take pride in their work to produce quality profiles for our nationwide customer base.
You will be responsible for maintaining continuous improvement within an essential area of our business and you will be expected to display integrity and teamwork at all times.
If you think you have these qualities, then we’d love you to join us.
- To be familiar with VEKA and Halo products and profiles.
- To effectively run the extrusion lines, which includes:
- starting and stopping lines
- raw material and product changes/cleaning
- packaging material
- rectifying line faults
- monitoring product quality
- supplying and recording all necessary data on required systems, working in conjunction with Company QS/ETS requirements and standards
- carry out correct handover procedure
- To work within a team of 2 operators carrying out the tasks of running in a system of 2 people x 5 lines where both operators have their id stamp in all 5 products and both carry out regular quality checks both visually and dimensionally on all 5 lines, maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Maintain continuous improvement within the department, upholding Lean manufacturing principles.
- To work within a team, maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
- To ensure material handling, both mechanical and manual is carried out efficiently and safely.
- To undertake general housekeeping duties within the department, ensuring that the working environment is maintained in line with Company requirements.
- To be competent to the standards required within the VEKA and Halo training manuals and achieve QCF level 2 qualifications.
- Work towards Process Technician grade achieving the necessary Business QCF level 2 qualifications.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- To liaise with colleagues and superiors on day to day duties and issues.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, C.O.S.H.H. and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
- Live by our VEKA values
- Able to work a 4-shift system of 12 hour shifts (days 7am-7pm & nights 7pm-7am)
- Enthusiastic with a passion to learn
- Basic machining knowledge would support an application, although not essential
- Quality Awareness
- Looking for a long term career with development opportunities
- Focus on Health and Safety at all times
We reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.