Customer Service Advisor
Closing date: 23/10/2020
We are currently looking for a Customer Service Advisor to join our busy Team.
As part of our Successful Customer Service Team who takes Pride in their work, you will be the first line of contact for our valued customers, and be Responsible for handling customer orders, advising on product availability, pricing and delivery.
You will also have the opportunity to demonstrate your Integrity by working as part of a team, helping to resolve customer queries and securing positive outcomes which drive Improvement, and also protect our OTIF performance for our customers.
- Be the 1st line of contact for customers for product availability, pricing and order queries.
- Accurately process customer orders using SAP to enable them to source the products they need, in order to meet their own fabrication and customer requirements.
- Support flexibility in areas such as order additions, overnight requests, collection requests, returns and miscellaneous orders
- Work with the “made to order” system to ensure specials are professionally handled from a price and availability perspective.
- Work across the VEKA business to help resolve any queries or secure outcomes which protect our OTIF performance for our customers.
- Proactively contact customers to provide advanced warning of delivery shortages, providing them with clarity on the new delivery date, and ensuring they can plan accordingly.
- Promote and support use of VEKA’s online ordering system by customers in order to reduce manual order processing, freeing up time to provide customers with other services and support.
- Handle all customer queries and process customer orders.
- Use excel spreadsheet to process customer consignment stocks (predictive orders)
- Deal with internal queries as and when they arise, ensuring speed and accuracy in all responses.
- Deal with requests for proof of delivery, liaising with transport department as and when necessary.
- Electronically file customer orders on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
- Raise credit memos as and when required.
- Assist with general team duties.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- Actively contribute to the positive spirit within the team.
- Promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values at all times.
- Liaise with colleagues on day to day duties and issues.
- Maintain all Health, Safety and Environmental Standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Manager from time to time.
- Excellent, professional written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable working with numbers with a focus on accuracy.
- Able to understand the product being sold to support customer queries.
- IT literate in areas such as SAP and Microsoft packages.
- Able to provide solutions to challenges in the interests of the customer/business.
- Warm and positive outlook, capable of producing a “smile” through all methods of communication.
- Passionate about customers, recognising them as vital to our future success.
- A team player, putting needs of team ahead of own needs.
- Focused on improvement, constructively providing ideas on how to improve all aspects of the work.