Vacancies: Commercial Advisor
Closing date: 27/05/2022
Manage customer supply agreement related commitments including measurement, tracking, renewal negotiation and new customer agreements for both fenestration and non-fenestration customers. Co-ordinate Commercial Support projects to ensure they are adding real value to the wider business. Assist Customer Services and Sales team in dealing with customer pricing requests and queries.
- Collate and track all existing supply agreement commitments (support payments, rebate tracking, marketing budgets etc) and ensure we are holding customers to account where applicable (driving ‘win-win’ outcomes). Actively share this information with customers on a regular basis.
- Working in collaboration with the Business Analyst to ensure all new agreements are measured for profitability over the duration of the agreement.
- Take ownership for supply agreement management ensuring all customers we want to be in an agreement with are actively co-ordinated in a timely manner.
- Be an active and integral part of customer negotiations, collating all relevant information in the supply agreement ensuring that both parties commitments are clearly defined.
- Coordinate the publishing of information to customers so that they know where they are, and we know where we are.
- Identify the need for new or amended agreements which support specific focus and liaise with other functions to secure.
- Take ownership of current Commercial Projects and be responsive to management requests for project co-ordination i.e., Building a Better Offer.
- Be alert to opportunities to improve Terms and Conditions, Support Agreements, Supply Agreements etc, and take ownership to implement.
- Provide constructive challenge and get involved in focused discussions on business performance and opportunities to improve it which may be impacting customer agreements.
- Be flexible and proactive at all times, embracing new responsibilities and tasks, and highlighting opportunities to improve.
- Create up to date and complete customer summaries encompassing all the relevant information, to aid any customer visits/negotiations.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality of costs and profitability, whilst also being active in developing commercial understanding across the sales teams to support good decision making.
- Investigate and recommend changes as applicable for any customer price and invoice queries and raise relevant credit notes.
- Respond to pricing requests and input prices into SAP.
- Prepare Customer Supply Agreements.
- Prepare price and parts lists for Customers and BDM’s.
- New Customer pricing using pricing matrix.
- Maintain pricing master data in SAP.
- Work to optimise pricing module and focus on creating a fully automated solution for customer pricing – including any Master Data maintenance required for such a solution
- Provide cover for Head of Commercial Support in their absence.
- Commercial analysis and mapping of competitor offers against VEKA’s offer to find areas of differentiation that already exist and where VEKA could hold a competitive advantage.
- Analysis on prospect conversion rates, collation of lessons learnt, and actions taken for future improvements with a focus on increasing the conversion rate.
- Take ownership of Sales Gap Analysis with regards to existing customers and liaise with Sales to work to provide a commercial offer which incentives them to switch all their business to VEKA.
- Work with Sales to build reports and analysis on why it is more viable for some customer to buy-in product from existing VEKA fabricators rather than seek to fabricate themselves.
- Maintain all Health, Safety and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
- Unrivalled accuracy in all activities (E).
- Strong numerical and financial capability in interpret data analysis (E).
- Strong literacy and report writing skills (E).
- Influencing skills (E).
- SAP/BEX expertise (D).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (D).