Closing date: 30/11/2019
We are looking for a CNC Programmer/Operator to join our Successful and busy Toolroom Team who take Pride in their work.
With a focus on Continuous Improvement, you will be Responsible for programming and operating the CNC milling machines.
You will be expected to carry out all duties efficiently and safely, whilst displaying Integrity at all times.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join us.
- Set and operate CNC milling machines.
- Programme machines using the companies off-line Cad / Cam system.
- Manufacture of new tooling.
- The manufacture of prototype and one-off tooling items.
- To be fully conversant and competent in milling / drilling techniques.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained to the highest standards.
- Carry out any instructions issued by a supervisor or manager.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, C.O.S.H.H. and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
- Maintain all necessary records i.e. Job Sheets etc.
- Report any broken or damaged equipment immediately.
- To work on own initiative and as part of a team, maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
- To ensure material handling, both mechanical and manual is carried out efficiently and safely.
- To undertake general housekeeping duties, ensuring that the working environment is maintained in line with Company and specific departmental work area requirements.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the VEKA Values always.
- Live by our VEKA SPIRIT values.
- Able to work a 2-shift system of 8 hour shifts (6am-2pm/2pm-10pm).
- Enthusiastic with a passion to learn.
- Competent machining skills is essential.
- Experience of CAD/CAM systems.
- Looking for a long term career with development opportunities
- Focus on Health and Safety at all times.