Closing date: 23/10/2020
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, this role will be Responsible for analysing data to identify trends, threats, and provide recommendations and coaching to others in the effective use of data to understand business performance and decision making.
Working and living a culture of Continuous Improvement and taking Pride in your work, you will Successfully respond to pricing requests, input prices into SAP and maintain Master Data in SAP; candidates must therefore exhibit excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Within the role you will liaise with other Teams, getting involved in focused discussions on business performance and improvement opportunities and taking ownership for implementing necessary actions.
Overall, we are looking for an individual that shares and leads our SPIRIT values and displays Integrity at all times.
- Identify trends, opportunities or threats via the analysis of data from existing sources.
- Provide sales management with data led observations and recommendations, supported by practical thought-through implementation plans where appropriate.
- Provide coaching support to others in the team on use of data for understanding business performance and for decision making.
- Coordinate the monthly submission of financial and management reports, ensuring focus on providing a balance of achievements, challenges and period ahead for the function.
- Build methods and templates for all sakes reporting, including internal and external with focus on maximising professional impact and minimising effort.
- Identify the need for new or amended reports which support specific focus and liaise with other functions (most commonly Finance) to secure.
- Be responsive to management requests for bespoke data gathering I.e. daily KPI dashboard, demand analysis, market share and insight data analysis.
- Undertake root cause analysis to clearly get to understand the underlying reasons for any areas of performance.
- Be alert to opportunities to improve reporting, analysis and action others take – and take ownership to implement.
- Provide constructive challenge and get involved in focused discussions on business performance and opportunities to improve it.
- Be flexible and proactive at all times, embracing new responsibilities and tasks, and highlighting opportunities to improve.
- Create up to date and complete customer summaries encompassing all the relevant information, to aid any customer visits / negotiations.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality of costs and profitability, whilst also being active in developing commercial understanding across the sales teams to support good decision making.
- Investigate and recommend changes as applicable for any customer price and invoice queries and raise relevant credit notes.
- Respond to pricing requests and input prices into SAP.
- Prepare Customer Supply Agreements.
- Prepare price and parts lists for Customers and BDMs.
- New Customer pricing using pricing matrix.
- Maintain pricing master data in SAP.
- Provide cover for Commercial Manager in their absence.
- Maintain all Health, Safety and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Commercial Manager from time to time.
- Unrivalled accuracy in all activites.
- Strong numerical and financial capability in order to conduct data analysis.
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Influencing groups of people without management responsibility for them.
- SAP/BEX expertise.
- Excel expertise including formula writing and pivot tables.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.