Assistant Maintenance Manager
Closing date: 30/11/2020
We are looking for an Assistant Maintenance Manager with the drive to succeed, develop and grow as part of our Maintenance department.
With a focus on continuous Improvement within an essential area of our business, our Successful Maintenance Team takes Pride in their work to support.
You will be Responsible for supporting and leading the Maintenance Team effectively and efficiently, with accountability for safety, quality, cost, delivery and people.
You will be required to produce KPI reports each month to assess performance and drive change where essential.
You will be expected to demonstrate Business, Team and Organisation objectives whilst displaying Integrity and Teamwork at all times.
If you think you have these qualities which we call the VEKA SPIRIT, then we’d love you to join us.
- Project manage tasks within the Company and co-ordinate the necessary personnel, equipment and parts to enable successful completion of each project.
- Identify, manage and deliver energy reduction projects using data from the energy management portal.
- Schedule and produce system to enable preventative maintenance to be undertaken by the team.
- Plan, manage, and control the maintenance budget.
- Establish a robust and exact engineering stores system, including cost analysis.
- Manage and analyse database information to identify and rectify equipment discrepancies.
- To liaise with colleagues and superiors on day to day duties and issues.
- To maintain all Health, Safety, C.O.S.H.H. and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
- To promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters.
You would also be required to carry out the following daily duties:
- Control of Contractors
- Ordering and receipting of spare parts and services.
- Budget planning, management and control.
- Manage spare parts inventory.
- Organising service contracts.
- Ensuring team adherence and compliance to VEKA Health and Safety policy and procedure.
- Develop and generate maintenance plans using SAP.
- Develop work schedules.
- Management of direct reports.
- Review and update of risk assessments.
- Update of KPI’s.
- Management of assigned projects.
- Experience of using a recognised CMMS, preferably SAP PM.
- Experience in a production or manufacturing management role.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate employees.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented
- Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills (preferably with an engineering background)
- Solid understanding of health & safety.
- Ability to work as a team member with strong time management and record keeping skills
- Ability to develop work schedules and coordinate projects/assignments to meet KPI’s.